Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) announced that its Xfinity Flex streaming video service is now included with Xfinity Internet-only subscriptions. Xfinity Flex leverages X1 cloud-based technology and comes with an Internet-connected, 4K UltraHD streaming video device, the Xfinity Voice Remote, a redesigned guide, and more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows.
"Xfinity Flex gives customers a radically simple, aggregated television experience that personalizes their streaming choices across a sea of apps and services," said Matt Strauss, executive vice president, Xfinity Services, Comcast. "Today's Internet customers need more than speed - they want wall-to-wall WiFi coverage, simplified control of their connected home, and the best streaming experience. With Xfinity xFi and Xfinity Flex, we are including all of that and more with our Internet service, all in one place, on the best screen in the home."
Xfinity Flex includes:
- A personalized guide with universal voice control, featuring a new home page with live, immersive tiles to help customers get back into what they were watching
- A new "Free to Me" destination where customers can browse more than 10,000 free movies and TV shows, and live streaming including live news and sports, in addition to the content included with their streaming subscriptions from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Showtime, EPIX, Sling International and soon Peacock and Hulu
- A new grid guide that compiles available live programming across networks and apps, and a curated destination for everything new to the platform
- The ability to rent and purchase movies and shows from the digital store and access their digital lockers across platforms by pairing their account with Movies Anywhere
- The ability to browse and listen to music from Amazon Music, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and XITE using the voice remote
- The ability to upgrade to Xfinity TV on X1 from the guide later this year
Xfinity Flex also lets customers manage the connected home by enabling them to access their entertainment, find their WiFi password, see what devices are connected to their network, set parental controls, and pause WiFi access on the home network. They also can use voice control to access the camera feeds, arm or disarm the home security system and find their Xfinity Mobile phone via the TV.
An Xfinity Flex box is included, along with the Xfinity Voice Remote, at no additional cost as part of an Xfinity Internet-only subscription. Additional boxes will be available to lease for $5 per month per box (limit of two boxes per customer).
In other Comcast news, John L. Scott Real Estate is using Comcast's Business Internet to support faster transaction times for brokers in 110+ offices along the West Coast and new technology initiatives the company is developing to meet the changing needs of the real estate industry.
"In this fast-paced industry where time is of the essence, our brokers need rapid Internet speeds to access and share information that will help them efficiently close a deal," said Teresa Duran, CIO of John L. Scott Real Estate. "With the help of Comcast Business our company has been able to embrace digital transformation and innovation and use technology to truly set ourselves apart from new and legacy players in the real estate industry."