NETGEAR Intros Retail DOCSIS 3.1 Router
NETGEAR (NASDAQ:NTGR) has launched a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem/router for retail purchase in-store or online. The Nighthawk X4S AC3200 ...
NETGEAR (NASDAQ:NTGR) has launched a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem/router for retail purchase in-store or online. The Nighthawk X4S AC3200 WiFi Cable Modem Router (C7800), which is certified by Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), is available now at an MSRP of $399.99 in the United States.
The C7800 combines a DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem and a dual-band wireless router. It's designed to provide aggregate WiFi speeds up to 3.2 Gbps for devices connecting over WiFi on a home network, with a quad-stream architecture to increase WiFi range using active antenna technology.
"The industry-leading Nighthawk X4S AC3200 WiFi DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem Router offers the best combination of quad-stream WiFi with support for gigabit Internet cable speeds for blazing fast Internet for your connected home," said Sandeep Harpalani, senior director of product marketing for NETGEAR Connected Home. "This is the first third party DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem router certified by Comcast Xfinity for their network."
- Built-in CableLabs-certified DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem
- 2x2 OFDM/OFDMA in DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding in DOCSIS 3.0 mode
- Simultaneous dual-band AC3200 WiFi for aggregate speeds up to 3.2 Gbps
- Beamforming+ technology for 2.4/5 GHz bands
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor
- Four active antennas with a patent-pending design for enhancing weak signals and reducing interference
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- Four GigE LAN ports
- NETGEAR ReadySHARE USB port
- ReadySHARE Vault software for automatic PC backup to a USB hard drive connected to the router
- NETGEAR genie for installation, monitoring, control and repair of the home network
NETGEAR has worked with Comcast on certification for other products as well. At the International CES in Las Vegas in January, NETGEAR introduced two Comcast-approved retail modems, the CM1000 in DOCSIS 3.1 and the C7100V in DOCSIS 3.0.