The NCTC has partnered with Plume, a Palo Alto, CA-based provider of smart home services. The deal is intended to help NCTC members differentiate their broadband subscriber offerings with mobile app driven personalized whole-home WiFi experiences, AI cybersecurity protection, and parental controls including content filtering. Service providers will also gain access to network visibility and management tools.
Plume's suite of backend tools includes:
- Tier 1, 2 and 3 support tools, including PlumeCentral, which provides visibility into the home network, and PlumeNOC, which allows the network operations team to remotely manage everything from network speed tests to individual connected device quality metrics that measure end user experience.
- Data-driven dashboards, which provide aggregated network visibility and KPI administration, can be used to make informed cross-functional business decisions.
- API integrations to connect with existing OSS and BSS and feed data into business workflows from operations to marketing.
For subscribers, Plume's offering includes:
- Adaptive WiFi, which monitors, adjusts, and optimizes the network for throughput and performance.
- HomePass, which gives users visibility into what's happening on their network and allows them to set guest and child access controls, set up profiles, and pause the Internet.
- AI Security to detect and block potential security threats, customize content access, and eliminate unwanted ads.
- A range of WiFi pods, including the tri-band SuperPod, that plug directly into power outlets to ensure whole-home coverage.
- The Plume app, which will use the provider's brand, to let consumers control all of the home services.
"NCTC is excited to bring the next level of premium home WiFi solutions that include speed, personalization, security, and control to our members," said Rich Fickle, president of the NCTC. "Plume is one of the leaders in the smart home marketplace, and by partnering with them, our members can offer their solutions in their markets to remain competitive and offer new technology services to their customers."
"We are thrilled to partner with NCTC to bring the full suite of Plume smart home services to its members. This partnership is all about helping NCTC members win on customer experience through a differentiated broadband offering by giving them access to the latest technology typically only available to larger organizations," said Tyson Marian, chief commercial officer at Plume. "Our customers are already experiencing proven results of reductions in Internet-related calls, truck rolls and churn while improving NPS and increasing revenue."