Ericsson Launches Multiscreen Delivery Platform
Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) is launching its MediaFirst Video Delivery solution at Broadcast Asia 2016 in Singapore. The solution is the latest ...
Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) is launching its MediaFirst Video Delivery solution at Broadcast Asia 2016 in Singapore. The solution is the latest addition to the Ericsson MediaFirst portfolio, following the launch of Ericsson MediaFirst Video Processing at the NAB show in April.
The modular video distribution platform is intended to enable service providers and broadcasters to enhance the distribution of managed video services to mobile devices. Drawing upon content delivery network (CDN) technology for delivering adaptive live TV, VOD and cloud DVR/time-shifted content, the solution is designed to enable IPTV, cable and mobile operators to handle managed and unmanaged content.
- Edge repackaging to HLS or DASH
- Instant Channel Change for Live TV
- Common encryption and multi-DRM support
- Targeted ad insertion capabilities anywhere in the media delivery pipe including mobile and set top box clients
- Video delivery analytics
- Mobile video optimization and support for sponsored data
- Ability to participate in Ericsson's Unified Delivery Network and partner CDNs
- Multicast ABR, Multipath TCP