ASSIA Showcases WiFi Diagnostics for CableLabs
At the CableLabs Summer Conference in Keystone, CO, ASSIA is introducing cable-focused upgrades to its CloudCheck WiFi diagnostics and ...
Despite the increase of broadband cable bandwidth to the home and the adoption of 802.11ac 5 GHz WiFi infrastructure, delivering a quality WiFi experience remains a challenge due to performance, congestion, and coverage issues. During global deployments and trials, ASSIA found that on average:
- 50% of homes experience slow WiFi due to broadband performance bottlenecks.
- 40% of subscriber devices never connect to the 5 GHz band.
- 30% of subscribers experience coverage issues in the 5 GHz band.
The CloudCheck software platform is designed to provide operator visibility and control over home WiFi. The solution is based on a scalable cloud and agent-based architecture to provide real-time diagnostics, self-healing and optimization of WiFi networks via APIs and a mobile app.
Upgrades targeted for the cable industry include:
- Radio Resource Management - Self Organizing Networks (RRM-SON) cloud-based management platform with speed test capability for isolating performance issues related to cable or the WiFi network
- Multi-platform software support across hardware including cable gateways, access points, extenders, repeaters, and mesh networks
- Customer care APIs for diagnostics, recommendations and optimization visibility of the WiFi and broadband network
- Network-wide analytics and reporting
- Customizable configurations and groupings to segment and partition deployments