Amino to show Android TV platform at NAB
At the NAB Sow in Las Vegas, Amino will be showcasing its "Operator Ready" Android TV solution, which is powered by its Google certified ...
At the NAB Sow in Las Vegas, Amino will be showcasing its "Operator Ready" Android TV solution, which is powered by its Google certified AminoOS software. AminoOS is designed to let pay TV operators customize and brand a user interface via an Android TV deployment, which can include access to more than 150over-the-top (OTT) apps.
"AminoOS is at the heart of our 'Operator Ready' Android TV solution, which enables small and medium pay TV operators to painlessly and cost-effectively deliver the modern TV experiences their subscribers demand," said Amino Chief Executive Donald McGarva. "The software enables greater device agility, which we see as the Amino advantage for clients looking to offer leading-edge features such as voice control, multiscreen delivery, federated search, personalized user experience and the latest apps."
Amino's "Operator Ready" Android TV solution is designed to provide managed delivery of linear and streaming video services, while supporting integration with legacy network environments. It is an extended version of the platform that integrates with an operator's existing infrastructure and networks through additional backend support. The solution features software extensions to Android TV to enable plug-and-play into existing legacy systems, as well as Amino's suite of cloud-based service management tools.
The "Operator Ready" solution is designed to enable pay TV providers to deliver linear video channels and OTT content to subscribers via a single TV input and user interface. The core software includes:
- An AndroidTV software stack based on Google reference design SDKs
- Latest version of Android TV platform and Operator Tier certifications
- Licensed GTVS suite of applications including PlayStore, Play Movie, Play Music and YouTube
- Customized Google Setup with operator branding
- Remote controls with voice command and search
- Bluetooth (BLE 4.0) pairing capabilities
Other features include:
- Legacy middleware platform integration
- Legacy network integration (e.g., IGMP mulitcast, multicast ABR)
- Fast channel change
- Engage Service Assurance, a cloud-enabled platform for device software, firmware and configuration management
"Having AminoOS in STBs ensures pay TV operators are deploying agile devices that enable the business, technological, operational and financial flexibility essential for their success in today's intensely competitive marketplace," McGarva said.