On its corporate blog, Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) laid out some multiscreen video data stemming from the London Olympics. Among the numbers:
- Approximately 31% of viewers who signed in to watch the Olympics online were Xfinity customers.
- Viewing across Xfinity TV platforms amounted to nearly 50 million streams (live and on-demand across devices), 22 million of which were on-demand through the set-top box.
- Xfinity customers watched the Olympics on multiple devices: On average, Comcast subs verified 2.4 devices on which to view streaming Olympics content.
- Xfinity customers indexed 43% higher than the national average for live online streams viewed.
- 68% of streaming video (live and on-demand) was viewed on the PC.
- 32% of streaming video (live and on-demand) was viewed on smartphones and tablets combined, with higher viewing on these devices generally on the weekends.
- Customers appeared to use Xfinity On Demand to catch up on the previous day's action. On a daily basis, VOD usage generally grew steadily as the day progressed and would peak right before primetime TV viewing.