According to Infonetics Research, 2012 will be a watershed year for TV Everywhere services, as operators worldwide watch Comcast, Cablevision and Time Warner Cable to see if their multiscreen services reduce subscriber churn and increase revenue.
- Infonetics forecasts the global video infrastructure market, including IPTV, cable and satellite video infrastructure, to grow 9% in 2012, to more than $875 million.
- Five players hold more than two-thirds of the global VOD and streaming content server market: Huawei, Motorola, Cisco, ZTE, and Concurrent.
- Much of the future growth in the video infrastructure market is expected to come from MPEG-4 HD encoders.
- China is on pace to outspend all regions on VOD and streaming content server gear as operators including China Telecom and China Unicom add VOD streams.
- Infonetics expects the number of IPTV subscribers to more than double from 2012 to 2016, when it will hit 168 million worldwide, with the majority in Asia and Europe.