Tektronix announced the addition of new monitoring capabilities to its Sentry family of digital content monitors. The upgrades are intended to enable users to comply with new Closed Captioning regulations and to better identify audio issues, including overly loud commercials, for OTT and TV Everywhere services.
New capabilities include:
- Capture of "thumbnail" images when audio issues occur
- Support for Dolby Digital Plus (DD+), also known as Enhanced AC-3 (E-AC-3)
- Ability to audit closed captioning
- Doubling of the number streams monitored
- Ability to monitor multiscreen programming in HLS and Adobe's HDS