According to Hub Entertainment Research's annual study on authenticated TV Everywhere, the multiscreen service is popular with those who use it, but many pay TV subscribers don't use the service for a variety of reasons. The research house says that for those who use it, TV Everywhere delivers:
- Higher satisfaction: 73% of all TVE users say that having it available makes them feel more positive about their TV provider.
- Better perceived value: 71% of frequent TVE users rate their pay TV subscription as an excellent or good value, compared to 47% of non-users.
- Lower churn: 84% of frequent TVE users say they'll continue to have service from their pay TV provider a year from now, compared to 66% of non-users.
TVE uptake, however, remains relatively low. Hub suggests three key steps that could help drive adoption:
- Do more to boost awareness: 53% of customers who have never used TVE say they didn't know the capability existed.
- Correct misconceptions: Even though it's free, 54% of those who have never used TVE assume it costs extra.
- Make TVE simpler: TVE is delivered across a variety of apps and sites, from networks and from MVPDs, all with different interfaces and standard for availability. Some 49% of viewers say the extra layer of complexity stops them from using TVE, and another 49% say they choose simpler options for viewing TV online, such as Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) or Hulu.