Elemental to Show Multiscreen Processing, Delivery
At IBC 2016 in Amsterdam in September, Elemental Technologies will highlight its multiscreen video production, distribution and monetization ...
At IBC 2016 in Amsterdam in September, Elemental Technologies will highlight its multiscreen video production, distribution and monetization technologies, both on-premises and in the cloud. Elemental and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) Web Services, which bought Elemental late last year, will exhibit together.
To help video providers address viewer demand for the content they want, when they want it and on their preferred devices, Elemental will showcase the ability of software-defined video (SDV) to integrate end-to-end video workflows from source to display device. The company will highlight:
- SDI over IP implemented with SMPTE 2022-6 for transport of real-time media over IP networks
- HEVC 4Kp60 4:2:2 10-bit encoding
- Live channel playout on-premises and from the cloud
- Integration with Amazon S3 for file-to-live workflows
- Live virtual reality (VR) content ingest and processing
Elemental's video delivery capabilities will be showcased as well, including: digital video broadcast (DVB) solutions, high dynamic range (HDR), and content playout with Amazon CloudFront. The company will also feature 8K video processing in the cloud and dynamic ad insertion.