Atlantic Broadband, the eighth-largest cable operator in the U.S., this week announced that it has launched its "WiFi Your Way" service, a managed home WiFi platform powered by Plume's HomePass technology that will provide expanded WiFi coverage with enhanced reliability and superfast speed in every area of the home.
“Home WiFi is the way customers most commonly experience our internet service, so it must be the best it can be,” said Heather McCallion, Vice President of Products and Programming for Atlantic Broadband. “As in-home WiFi becomes increasingly important to our customers, their in-home networks must be reliable, fast and deliver the connectivity they need to work and learn from home. Now, through our partnership with Plume, Atlantic Broadband’s high-capacity, fiber-rich network will be joined with a powerful in-home network to deliver a phenomenal WiFi experience with wall-to-wall coverage, personalized controls and superfast speeds up to 1 Gig.”
The new service, which uses Plume’s cloud-based artificial intelligence (AI) technology and is accessed via Atlantic Broadband's WiFi Your Way App, features the following components:
- Adapt continually learns and self-optimizes proactively to deliver greater speed and coverage throughout the home.
- Control provides intuitive tools for personalization, allowing the user to set guest and child access controls (including age-appropriate content filters).
- Speed Test capabilities are built-in so customers can easily monitor internet speed and performance.
- Guard provides best-in-class online security powered by AI that detects and protects in real time. The system halts suspicious activity, blocks ad and malware and quarantines any compromised devices.
- Sense uses WiFi-connected devices to provide whole-home motion awareness in real time for peace of mind and among many use-cases, provides alerts if there is motion when a customer is out of the home.
The WiFi Your Way App (for iOS and Android devices) also guides customers through an easy self-installation of the program's SuperPods, which plug into a wall outlet to provide whole-home Wi-Fi coverage. The SuperPods work with any Atlantic Broadband gateway or modem. Customers lease the SuperPods rather than purchase them, keeping upfront costs down for customers.
“Plume is thrilled to enable Atlantic Broadband to deliver an unparalleled in home experience by providing access to an expanded and highly personalized managed WiFi experience featuring high-speed connectivity, parental controls and guest access, tightly secured devices and more,” said Tyson Marian, Chief Commercial Officer at Plume. “Now more than ever subscribers need access to an expanded set of in-home experiences to enrich their daily lives––by rolling out WiFi Your Way powered by Plume HomePass, Atlantic Broadband has introduced a powerful solution to meet the needs of the ever-changing smart home.”
To learn more, visit https://atlanticbb.com/support/wifiyourway.