ASSIA's CloudCheck WiFi solution will be available as an integrated part of KAON's WiFi customer premises equipment (CPE) product portfolio. CloudCheck WiFi technology provides dynamic management of home WiFi networks. The joint solution is intended to improve the reliability of residential home networks and to support work-from-home, tele-medicine and distance-learning.
The CloudCheck solution utilizes a cloud-based automated learning system to predict and mitigate connectivity problems before the problems affect consumer experience. The solution also offers proactive decision support systems for call centers, dispatch, field technicians, maintenance and network planning operations of broadband Internet service providers (ISPs).
"We may be seeing the emergence of a new class of service, a premium residential service, similar to enterprise grade connectivity at least for the work-at-home devices. Ability to identify, monitor, and prioritize those devices is important going forward. Partnering with KAON to deliver these abilities over prpl, in OpenWRT and RDK-B environments will help ISPs and ecosystem participants in building next generation work-from-home infrastructure," said Tuncay Cil, chief strategy officer of ASSIA.
"Many home WiFi service providers have been in need of effective home WiFi management even before the stay-at-home regime of the COVID-19 pandemic. This need has been greatly amplified and changed in nature due to the increase in connectivity," said Richard KIM, EVP and head of Global Business Development of KAON. "The CloudCheck WiFi solution supports industry standards and is one of the most innovative of our partners in home network management segment. Our partnership with ASSIA enables us to better support our customers' high performance WiFi management needs as well as our roadmap for innovating in the industry standardization efforts."
The integrated product portfolio features include:
- AI-based optimization for dynamic learning of changing home network conditions under multiple network, user, application conditions
- End-user-driven optimization to let subscribers prioritize performance to devices of choice when they want
- Self-help troubleshooting capabilities
- A Service Operations Center and Network Operations Center Decision Engine to enable proactive ISP operations including call center, dispatch, field technician, network maintenance and planning
- Support for third-party application options for cyber security, home security, wellness, and elder-care applications