SES Adds 9 More U.S. Ops to UltraHD Trials
Nine additional U.S. video service providers have joined SES's (Euronext Paris:SESG) UltraHD trials. A total of 30 U.S. pay TV providers, with a ...
Nine additional U.S. video service providers have joined SES's (Euronext Paris:SESG) UltraHD trials. A total of 30 U.S. pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES's 4K/UltraHD content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
The new additions are:
- Alliance Communications, an Internet, phone and cable TV operator serving subscribers in South Dakota and Minnesota
- Cincinnati Bell, a telco in Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky
- Douglas County Community Network, a broadband and IPTV provider in Washington
- Hotwire, a national telecom provider;
- Midco, a cable operator in North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Kansas
- Midwest Video Solutions (MVS), a multi-service provider in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois
- Oneida Telephone Exchange, a triple play service provider operating in Oneida and Rio, IL
- Skitter TV, a national IPTV systems innovator
- South Dakota Networks (SDN), an enabler of IPTV for 19 telcos in South Dakota
Of the 30 operators on SES's 4K platform, three have initiated commercial linear UltraHD services in subscriber homes via SES's end-to-end solution: Marquette-Adams Communications in Wisconsin, Highlands Cable Group in North Carolina, and EPB Fiber Optics in Chattanooga, TN.
SES's UltraHD platform combines satellite distribution services, reception gear, and what the company says is the world's largest 4K/UltraHD channel lineup.
"Hotwire is well-positioned to be the first to market with exciting new UltraHD services later this year, as a result of our UltraHD trials with SES," said Jonathan Bullock, vice president of corporate development and government at Hotwire Communications. "The SES Ultra HD platform is easy and fast to deploy on our all-fiber network, allowing us to provide the best 4K channel lineup virtually overnight."
"SES's UltraHD solution is tailor-made to meet our subscribers' demand for the best television experience available and our strong desire to be among the first to market with the world's leading 4K offering," said Michael Agostinelli, CEO at Skitter. "Skitter now has a clear competitive advantage as we make an exciting leap toward a commercial launch of Ultra HD services in our customers' homes."