Paywizard Eyes Customer Service Sticking Points
According to research commissioned by back office vendor Paywizard, American consumers want better customer service from cable TV ...
According to research commissioned by back office vendor Paywizard, American consumers want better customer service from cable TV providers, akin to that provided by companies such Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX) and Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN).
Paywizard commissioned research group Decipher to convene several consumer focus groups in New York in March to find out which factors motivate consumers to sign up for paid Internet TV services and impact how long they stay with a service.
The findings indicate that consumers want features such as quick and easy signup, lack of contracts, free trials, instant account changes, transparent billing, and the ability to leave and return at any time.
Participants expressed opinions such as "I hate dealing with my cable company," "it takes longer for them to get back to you" and that Internet TV providers "are way better for customer service." Participants praised Internet TV providers for being "really responsive," "reachable all the time," having "different ways of getting in touch with them," and willing to "bend over backwards to make you a satisfied customer."
Aspects of customer service that participating consumers wanted include:
- Contract-free commitment
- Simple, flat-rate pricing with little ambiguity
- A free trial period to test the service
- Simple and fast registration - no input of excessive personal information
- Easy sign-in
- Accessibility across devices
- Personalization and recommendation features that work
- Ability to make rapid account changes (upgrades/downgrades) onsite
- Proactive and personal support features, such as webchat and helplines
- Ability to leave at any time
- Winback offers to entice returning customers