Here are Broadband Technology Report's top 10 stories of 2019, as indicated by you, our audience. Besides being the most-viewed content on our site this year, they also provide a solid indication of what was most important and/or interesting to cable's tech community in 2019.
This year's top 10s were a mix of videos, editorial guides, items from the Diamond Technology Reviews program, feature stories, and webcasts. In terms of topics, SCTE/ISBE Cable-Tec Expo show coverage topped this year's list, followed closely by advances in fiber and wireless technology and home networking. The perennially popular "Time for a Metric Calendar" (which was written in 2015 as a joke) made the list again this year.
The Top 10
- 2019 SCTE Cable-Tec Expo Video Show Report, Day 1
- 2019 SCTE Cable-Tec Expo Video Show Report, Day 2
- Comcast Business Comcast Business Router (CBR)
- Editorial Guide: Advances in Test and Measurement
- Editorial Guide: Preparing for 5G
- A 2019 Prediction: 10G-PON for All
- MoCA: It's not just for home networking any more
- The MSO Subscriber Wars, Part 1 - Adapt or Die
- MoCA vs. DOCSIS 3.1: Whose Spectrum Is It?
- Time for a Metric Calendar
These honorable mentions just barely missed the top 10, but all are important topics in their own right. They range from feature stories to news. High-speed Internet generally and Comcast particularly dominate this year's honorable mentions.
- Google Fiber launching fixed wireless in Austin
- Comcast giving Xfinity Flex to Internet-only subs for free
- Comcast flexes its MDU muscles
- Remote PHY ramping up
- A flood of funding for rural broadband
And that's it for this year. Here's wishing you all a happy and prosperous 2020.