Sencore has introduced the DSA 1491 portable RF analyzer, an all-in-one satellite, cable and TV meter. It's designed to validate satellite dish installation and alignment; maintain and troubleshoot satellite or antenna signals of broadcast, telco, cable and satellite headends, and remote satellite trucks; troubleshoot digital TV broadcasts, CATV digital or analog reception and distributions paths; and test and maintain digital or analog equipment such as modulators, receivers, and decoders.
It features a 9" touchscreen display, spectrum analysis, ETR 101-290 analysis, and decoded video and audio analysis. Other features include:
- A ruggedized aluminum chassis and nylon carry case
- Signal level and quality measurements
- Light-polymer battery (up to 6-hour battery life)
- Live decoding of MPEG-2/H.264 video and MPEG/AAC/AC-3 audio
- Options including IP analysis, optical input, GPS receiver, and remote control