ARRIS' (NASDAQ:ARRS) DOCSIS 3.1 SURFboard SB8200 cable modem is now available at retail, starting with Amazon.com. It is priced at $199.99 and is expected to be available at other retailers shortly.
"The SB8200 is for consumers who demand the best possible Internet connection," said Sandy Howe, SVP and GM, Consumer Products Group at ARRIS. "Whether they want to invest in the future of fast, get the most out of their broadband connection, or speed up every minute they spend online, we're giving them the power to choose. The SB8200 represents the next step in the evolution of the cable modem and extends ARRIS's legacy of leadership in broadband devices."
Technical features include:
- DOCSIS 3.1-ready
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports (2 Gbps combined output)
- 32 downstream and eight upstream SC-QAM channels
- Two downstream OFDM channels and two upstream OFDMA channels
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6
- Extensibility for WiFi routing