Zyxel intros dual-band WiFi gateway
Zyxel Communications has expanded its Multy Pro Whole-Home Managed WiFi System for service providers with the launch of the EMG6726 ...
Zyxel Communications has expanded its Multy Pro Whole-Home Managed WiFi System for service providers with the launch of the EMG6726 Dual-Band Wireless AC/N Gigabit Ethernet Gateway.
The EMG6726 is an AC2400 gateway combining 802.11ac 4x4 Wave 2 WiFi technology and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity for extended range and high data speeds for home networking. It's designed to be integrated into a Zyxel Multy Pro managed WiFi service.
- A 1 GHz, dual-core processor coupled with quad-core network accelerator
- QoS and multicast traffic shaping features like IGMP v1/2/3 snooping and VLAN capabilities for premium video delivery services
- 11AC WiFi with Wave 2 designed to deliver wireless speeds up to 1.7 Gbps over 5 GHz and 600 Mbps over 2.4 GHz; Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and beamforming; support for up to four SSIDs for creation of separate WLAN networks for video, data and guests
- WiFi optimization with automatic configuration, band steering and roaming, and a free self-help mobile app
- Remote management via TR-069 and support for TR-181 Issue 2
"Service providers face the challenge of satisfying their subscribers' insatiable demand for increasingly faster data speeds and advanced services delivered to all corners of the home and even beyond the walls," said Brian Feng, senior vice president at Zyxel Communications. "A Multy Pro Managed WiFi infrastructure with the EMG6726 at the core provides the speeds and whole-home coverage required to support these advanced requirements while providing robust remote management capabilities which lower support costs and improve customer satisfaction."