Along with the increase in connected TV households and devices, there has also been an increase in watching Internet-delivered video on the TV set. Overall, 29% of adults watch Internet-delivered video via a connected TV at least weekly, compared to 17% in 2013 and 5% in 2010. In addition, among Netflix streaming video users, 85% say that they watch Netflix on a TV set, a slightly higher level than in any previous year.
Other findings indicate:
- 52% of households get a subscription VOD service from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and/or Hulu Plus.
- 43% of adults stream an SVOD service at least monthly.
- 43% of pay TV subscribers get Netflix, compared to 50% of all pay TV non-subscribers.
- 19% of Netflix subscribers agree that their Netflix subscription is shared with others outside their household.
- On a daily basis, 33% of adults watch video on non-TV devices (including home computers, mobile phones, iPads, tablets, and eReaders), and 58% do so weekly, up from 27% daily and 53% weekly two years ago.
- 10% of adults are very interested in HBO Now at $14.99 per month without having to subscribe to a pay TV service.