Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2010 Announced
The Cable Center (www.cablecenter.org) announced the members of the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2010. The six honorees will be inducted during the annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, held in conjunction with Cable Connection â Spring in Los Angeles, May 11-14...
The new inductees are:
- Yolanda G. Barco, former Vice President and Executive Officer, Meadville Master Antenna Inc.
- Allen Ecker, Executive Vice President of Scientific-Atlanta, Retired
- Terence F. McGuirk, Chairman and CEO, Atlanta Braves
- Marc B. Nathanson, Chairman, Mapleton Investments
- Abbe Raven, President and CEO, A&E Television Networks
- JR Shaw, Executive Chair, Shaw Communications
According to the Cable Center, the honorees were chosen based on their dedication to and impact on the cable industry and their communities. The 2010 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Michael Willner, vice chairman and chief executive officer of Insight Communications, chairman of The Cable Center's board, and a 2008 Cable Hall of Fame inductee. Since 1998, 78 men and women have been inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame.