Cable Center names SCTE's Dzuban an Innovation Laureate
The Cable Center has added SCTE/ISBE President and CEO Mark Dzuban to its circle of Innovation Laureates. The Cable Center's Innovation ...
The Cable Center has added SCTE/ISBE President and CEO Mark Dzuban to its circle of Innovation Laureates.
The Cable Center's Innovation Laureates consist of cable's top executives and pioneers, from business leaders and marketers to engineers and technical trailblazers. The Laureates help drive the Cable Center's mission and programs, with a primary focus on inspiring a new generation of leaders to propel the industry's future. Some of the initiatives and programs that the Innovation Laureates actively participate in include: serving as keynote and/or guest class speakers during the Intrapreneurship Academy (IA), which teaches cable industry rising stars how to effect change within their organizations; and engaging university students through the Cable Center's student-focused initiative, the Mavericks Lecture Series.
"We are thrilled to welcome Mark into our exceptional group of industry leaders," said Diane Christman, senior vice president and chief program officer at the Cable Center. "It's an honor to call Mark an Innovation Laureate, and we are excited for his partnership and collaboration with The Cable Center."
"Mark has been a good friend of the Cable Center and a guiding light in the industry for many years," said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO of the Cable Center. "As a veteran cable engineer and visionary executive, Mark brings a unique influence and remarkable perspective to our diverse group of Laureates. We are both delighted and honored to welcome Mark as an official Cable Center Innovation Laureate, and we look forward to the exciting and positive collaboration ahead!"
"Throughout my career, I have been fortunate to work with many of the smartest and most visionary people in the industry," said Dzuban. "I am honored by and grateful for the Cable Center's invitation to join the Innovation Laureates, and look forward to working with the Center and my peers to help the industry and its future leaders grow."
The Innovation Laureates are a part of the Cable Center's larger umbrella initiative, the Community of Innovators (COI). The COI program is intended to connect people and ideas to advance innovation through educational programs and support, targeting high-potential industry employees and university students.
The Cable Center's Innovation Laureates are:
- Bridget Baker, CEO, Baker Media
- Nomi Bergman, senior executive officer, Advance/Newhouse Partnership
- Matt Blank, former advisor, Showtime Networks
- Julian Brodsky, co-founder & vice chairman (retired), Comcast
- Jim Chiddix, former CTO, Time Warner Cable
- Rich DiGeronimo, EVP, product & strategy, Charter Communications
- Frank Drendel, chairman, Commscope
- Mark Dzuban, president & CEO, SCTE/ISBE
- Mike Fries, CEO & vice chairman, Liberty Global
- Leo J. Hindery, managing partner, InterMedia Partners
- Mike LaJoie, founding partner, Jinsei 2.0; former CTO, Time Warner Cable
- Ken Lowe, chairman of the board, president & CEO, Scripps Networks Interactive
- Paul Maxwell, CEO, Media-Max Advisors
- Phil McKinney, president & CEO, CableLabs
- Trygve Myhren, owner & president, Myhren Media
- Josh Sapan, president & CEO, AMC Networks
- Quentin Schaffer, EVP, corporate communications, HBO
- Evan Shapiro, owner, eshapTV
- David Zaslav, president & CEO, Discovery
- Jeff Zucker, president, CNN Worldwide