The SCTE/ISBE will bolster its presence in Latin America with its first Conferencias SCTE/ISBE in conjunction with Andina Link Internacionales 2019 at the Cartegena Convention Center in Cartegena, Colombia.
Conferencias SCTE/ISBE, scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Colombia Time on Feb. 28, will deliver subject matter from SCTE/ISBE and other industry leaders. A joint production of the SCTE/ISBE and the SCTE/ISBE South and Central Americas Chapter, Conferencias SCTE/ISBE is designed to promote discussion of topics important to the LatAm market. Among the agenda items are:
- Welcoming Remarks by Luz Marina Arango, president of Andina Link.
- Evolution of the Access Network, a discussion of the new capacity requirements for the access network and an exploration of new competition scenarios, including Distributed Access Architectures, Remote PHY and Remote MAC PHY. Presenter: Patricio Latini, principal technologist for Casa Systems.
- Beyond DOCSIS 3.1 - Leveraging FTTH, which will explore the relative merits of network upgrade investments for existing HFC vs. full network rebuilds, including Fiber Deep and xPON. Presenter: Hugo Ramos, chief technologist - Caribbean and Latin America CTO, ARRIS.
- QoS to the Last Connected Device, which will discuss how WiFi PNM and PNM in the customer network can address the need for improved WiFi connectivity in the home. Presenter: Rolando Jochen Barja Elias, director of Coax Networks, Cotas RL, and president, SCTE/ISBE South and Central Americas Chapter.
- Securing the Cable Network, featuring insights on the elements of cybersecurity and security in the cable network. Presenter: Steve Harris, executive director, Technical Sales, Learning & Development, SCTE/ISBE.
- DOCSIS 3.1, the shortest path to Gigabit services, a presentation on how operators can cost-effectively take advantage of the existing HFC network and create profitable business opportunities. Presenter, Cristobol Rojo, solutions sales engineer, Viavi.
Andina Link is scheduled for Tuesday through Thursday, Feb. 26-28. The SCTE/ISBE and its Latin America training partner, TVC, will be exhibiting training and informational material targeted toward the LatAm market throughout the Andina Link show. The SCTE/ISBE also annually hosts a one-day conference at Jornadas Internacionales, in Buenos Aires.