Cox, Comcast, ARRIS execs to address SCTE-Georgia Tech
Experts from Cox Communications, Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) and ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) will discuss the impact of new technologies ...
Experts from Cox Communications, Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) and ARRIS (NASDAQ:ARRS) will discuss the impact of new technologies during the 2019 SCTE/ISBE Leadership Institute at Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business from March 11-14.
Attendees will hear from subject matter experts on topics including wireless services, consumer premises equipment (CPE), network security needs and trends, and how the pace of development of new technologies is impacting cable telecommunications.
A March 12 panel on Wireless, CPE and Network Security will feature:
- Brad Boucher, executive director of security threat and risk management, Cox Communications
- Charles Cheevers, CTO, CPE, ARRIS
- Drew Davis, executive director, wireless technology, Cox Communications
On March 14, industry experts will address the New Technology Lifecycle. Among the panelists scheduled to participate are:
- Thomas Carroll, vice president, advanced engineering, Comcast
- Paul Navin, division vice president of technical operations, Comcast
- Aaron Weimer, vice president, engineering and XOC, Comcast
- Derek DiGiacomo, senior director, energy programs and business continuity, SCTE/ISBE
Chris Bastian, senior vice president, engineering and CTO of the SCTE/ISBE, will kick off the guest speaker lineup with a discussion of Cable Technology Trends on the opening day of the four-day course.
Now in its eighth year, the SCTE/ISBE Leadership Institute at Georgia Tech Scheller College of Business is a technically oriented curriculum that is geared toward high-potential, mid-level cable engineering and operations professionals. The agenda is intended to advance engineers' careers by providing strategic thinking, communications, financial analysis, management, leadership, and development of critical business skills.