Alcatel-Lucent, Aurora Networks, Metaswitch Networks, NDS and RGB Networks have been selected as finalists for the annual Technology Challenge at the SCTE Canadian Summit 2012, scheduled for March 27-28 in Toronto.
- Alcatel-Lucent will show how its Motive Home Network Management and Support Solution can provide cable operators and their subscribers with enhanced visibility and control of the multi-user, multi-device, content rich home.
- Aurora Networks will demonstrate how its node-based "Remote QAM" module can deliver any mix of services -- including broadcast, narrowcast, cable, IPTV and DOCSIS -- in the same QAM channel.
- Metaswitch will show how its mobile content sharing solutions can enable the accelerated deployment of an expanded array of communications services that can differentiate cable system operators' service bundles in a competitive environment.
- NDS will showcase its VideoGuard Connect DRM-based solution for multi-platform pay TV that provides content and service protection within a single, unified system designed to support multiple DRMs.
- RGB Networks will demonstrate how its just-in-time packaging (JITP) feature increases adaptive streaming capabilities for VOD and nPVR by allowing operators to store a single "mezzanine" format of content, and to deliver that content to any device only when requested by the client.