It also has an integrated visual fault locator (VFL), a toggle function for storage of trace results from both ends of a fiber/cable, and event measurements with various manual LSA methods available in Expert mode.
New features include:
- Pass/Fail thresholds compliant with TIA/ISO/user-defined values to alert test operators of failing or marginal events at the time of test
- Enhanced reporting capability with Test Results Manager (TRM) software includes OTDR traces, end face images from the company's DFS1 Digital FiberScope, and logos of both the installer and end customer
- A New Job creation editor with job/file naming
- Improved file management and results review via Results Manager
- General settings improvements including Date/Time/Number format options and an Auto Off feature.
The new UI supports visual inspection per IEC 61300-3-35 using the DFS1 to view and document connector end-face images with OTDR traces. Test results can be stored internally or on the supplied USB drive and are transferable to a PC for viewing, printing and analyzing with TRM software.