Recent data indicates:
- China has the largest number of pay TV subscribers with more than 160 million. Shanghai Media SiTV is the largest operator in China; however, no other Chinese pay TV operator has more than 5 million subscribers.
- The largest regional market of IPTV subscribers is Western Europe with nearly 17.5 million subscribers, of which France has nearly 11 million, led by CanalSat-TPS and Free.
- Net Servicos de Comunicacao of Brazil is the largest cable service provider in the Caribbean and Latin America region.
The top 10 global operators for 2010 were:
- Comcast (22,802,000)
- DirecTV (19,597,000)
- Dish Network (14,133,000)
- Time Warner Cable (12,257,000)
- Kabel Deutschland (10,153,000)
- BSkyB (10,096,000)
- UPC Broadband (8,852,000)
- Dish TV (8,263,000)
- Tricolor and NTV+ (8,200,000)
- Tata Sky (6,400,000)