Pay TV at Risk of Losing "Gen Y"

According to a survey conducted for marketing consultancy Ideas & Solutions!, pay TV providers are at risk of losing "Generation Y" subscribers who are less attached to traditional TV and more prone to alternative viewing platforms. The report "Must Choose T...

According to a survey conducted for marketing consultancy Ideas & Solutions!, pay TV providers are at risk of losing "Generation Y" subscribers who are less attached to traditional TV and more prone to alternative viewing platforms. The report "Must Choose TV: What Gen Y Thinks About Pay-TV and Cord-Cutting" is based on a survey conducted in February and March of 500 people aged 18-29.

Among respondents, 40% of customers were unlikely to cut their pay TV service. The remaining 60% of respondents were either leaning toward or seriously considering "cutting the cord" to their pay TV subscriptions. Those who considered "cutting the cord" were more likely to be early adopters of new technology and displayed a strong desire to control their TV viewing by using a DVR as well as on-demand services.
More in Home