Broadband Subs Hit 763 Million in 2010
According to research house In-Stat, global broadband subscriber numbers continue to grow rapidly, with mobile broadband growth in particular exceeding expectations.Â The primary growth driver continues to be the desire for high-speed Internet access.Â The growing...
Additional findings include:
- By year-end 2010, the United States had more than 179 million broadband subs.
- Total worldwide DSL subs reached 371 million at year-end 2010, fueled primarily by strong demand in the Asia/Pacific region.
- Mobile wireless broadband subscriber numbers continue to grow rapidly as mobile telephone service providers roll out 3G and 4G services.
- Approximately 76% of the world's FTTH subs reside in the Asia/Pacific region.
- North America continues to be the largest market for cable modem services.