Suddenlink, now part of Altice USA (Euronext:ATC), announced its Operation GigaSpeed project in August 2014, with plans to deploy gigabit Internet in all of its markets by the end of 2017. Altice has confirmed its commitment to the project.
Depending on the individual market, the service can be based on either DOCSIS 3.0 over HFC or fiber to the home (FTTH).
Since July 2015, gigabit service has been made available to customers in more than 30 Suddenlink markets, including:
- Arkansas: Jonesboro and Russellville
- Arizona: Flagstaff
- California: Mammoth Lakes
- Louisiana: Bossier City and Lake Charles
- Mississippi: Greenville
- Missouri: Nixa, Ozark and St. Joseph
- North Carolina: Greenville and Rocky Mount
- Ohio: Marietta
- Oklahoma: Enid and Stillwater
- Texas: Abilene, Amarillo, Andrews, Big Spring, Bryan, College Station, Canyon, Georgetown, Huntsville, Kingwood, Lubbock, Lufkin, Midland, San Angelo, Terrell, Tulia, Tyler and Victoria
- West Virginia: Parkersburg