It was the best of times; it was the worst of times ... but mostly it was just confusing.
The SCTE and its global brand, the International Society of Broadband Experts, are calling for papers for Cable-Tec Expo 2016 in Philadelphia.
The Society is seeking proposals for papers and presentations for technical sessions at Expo, Sept. 26-29. The Expo 2016 Program Committee, chaired by John Schanz, executive vice president and chief network officer of Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA), will review all technical proposals.
The deadline for submission of proposals is March 1. Proposals can be submitted at http://www.scte.org/SCTEDocs/pdf/SCTE-ISBE%20Cable-Tec%20Expo%202016%20Call%20for%20Papers_Final.pdf.
The call for papers is targeting the following areas:
- Delivering gigabit to the premises/deploying DOCSIS 3.1
- Delivering gigabit to the premises/fiber to the home (FTTH) and fiber deeper
- Intelligent energy management/energy innovations
- Connection in the home (WiFi, IoT, MoCA)
- Network + IaaS = services
- Proactive maintenance/advanced predictive alarming