At IBC in Amsterdam in September, Envivio (NASDAQ:ENVI) will demonstrate its latest software-based multiscreen video products. The company will focus on live UltraHD with HDR, an all-software broadcast headend, cloud DVR and dynamic ad insertion.
Specific show demos will include:
- A new, direct-to-home, all-software headend for satellite providers, offering MPEG-2, H.264 or HEVC with statistical multiplexing. The cloud-based headend uses Envivio's Muse and its new all-software Spark Multiplexer.
- In partnership with Dolby Laboratories, Envivio will demonstrate the live UltraHD powered with Dolby Vision high dynamic range (HDR) and Dolby AC-4. The video will be encoded in real time by Envivio's Muse Ultra HD software encoder.
- A new cloud DVR solution - combining software-defined storage, compression, and packaging and transcoding on the fly - is designed for up to 26X reduction in necessary storage capacity. The software is also designed to support start over, time shifting and multiscreen network PVR.
- The company's dynamic insertion solution is designed for targeted ad replacement, combined with viewership analytics.
- Envivio's Nuage software-as-a-service (SaaS) video solution is designed to cover content distribution from content acquisition to the consumer on any screen.