Big Week for Cisco
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is having a busy week around CES 2016, notching a number of deployment wins, as well as several product releases ...
Jan 6th, 2016
Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) is having a busy week around CES 2016, notching a number of deployment wins, as well as several product releases.
- Shaw Communications (TSX:SJR.B) is using Cisco's new Open Media Distribution solution to simplify the content delivery network operations for its new FreeRange TV service.
- AT&T (NYSE:T) has announced a strategic alliance with Cisco to develop a new framework for smart cities and build more connected cities.
- UK-based DBS operator Sky will be using Cisco's video software solutions as well as Cisco VideoGuard Everywhere security solution to support all the advanced services in the Sky Q offering, including broadcast, video streaming and downloading. Sky has more than 21 million customers.
- Cisco has extended its partnership with BT to deploy Cisco's integrated Security Everywhere policy and threat-centric security solutions to enable BT and its customers to embed security into ever increasingly complex and large IT infrastructures.
- Cisco is supporting Altice's "Zive" subscription VOD service. One of the first to deploy the cBR-8 CCAP, Zive now offers a mix of more than 5,000 HD shows, with 15,000 expected by the end of 2016, and more than 400 4K/UltraHD programs.
- Taiwanese broadband provider KBRO is deploying Cisco's cBR-8 CCAP across its footprint. The deployment is intended to will help KBRO reduce its overall network operation costs over the next five years and enable it to deliver broadband speeds exceeding 10 Gbps.
- One the product news front, Cisco debuted two new solutions for its Virtualized Video Processing (V2P) platform, including Open Media Distribution (OMD) for delivering multiscreen video to managed/unmanaged devices, and Cloud Object Storage for supporting storage needs for video services such as cloud DVR and time-shift TV.
- Cisco is also launching the third piece to its Infinite cloud software video solutions suite, Infinite Broadcast, a multiscreen video solution for one-way and hybrid satellite and cable service providers. D-Smart, a Turkish TV provider of both satellite digital broadcasting and Internet services, is working closely with Cisco to transform its D-Smart Blu multiscreen service with the Cisco Infinite Broadcast solution.