SCTE to Co-Host DOCSIS 3.1 Breakfast at ANGA
At the ANGA COM show in Cologne, Germany, the SCTE/ISBE and ANGA COM will co-host an International Breakfast on the business impact of ...
At the ANGA COM show in Cologne, Germany, the SCTE/ISBE and ANGA COM will co-host an International Breakfast on the business impact of DOCSIS 3.1 with a demonstration of live provisioning of the specification.
During the breakfast, SCTE/ISBE President and CEO Mark Dzuban will speak on the importance of DOCSIS 3.1 to cable within the increasingly competitive telecommunications landscape, and three technology partners - ARRIS, Viavi, and ANEDIS - will show live provisioning between an ARRIS E6000 Converged Edge Router and an ARRIS DOCSIS 3.0 gateway and an ARRIS DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem. The provisioning process will be shown live on a laptop-connected projector screen.
The agenda will comprise:
- Welcome - Carsten Engelke, Technical Director, ANGA COM
- Business Case for DOCSIS 3.1 - Mark Dzuban, president and CEO, SCTE/ISBE
- DOCSIS 3.0 Activities in Europe - Paulo Valente, technology director, Cable Europe
- ISBE Training Activities - Chris Bastian, senior vice president and CTO, SCTE/ISBE
- Theoretical Introduction to the Provisioning Process - Alex Adams, European representative and instructor, ISBE, and managing director, Adams Network Engineering, GmBH
- Live Provisioning of DOCSIS 3.1 - Steve Harris, senior director, technical education, SCTE/ISBE, and Dean Holt, senior technical marketing specialist, ARRIS
- Reporting Between CMTS and Cable Modem - Steve Harris and Jonathan Ruff, senior director, technical marketing, ARRIS
- Practical DOCSIS 3.1 Measurements - Georg Brandt, CTO, ANEDIS (Viavi Solutions Elite Partner)
- Closing Remarks - Dr. Claus Adams, president, ISBE Central Europe Chapter, and Geschäftsführer, Adams Consult GmBH
The breakfast will take place from 9:00 - 10:15 AM CET on May 31.