MEF Expands Certification Framework
The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) has introduced its Third Network Professional Certification Framework, which comprises a family of ...
The Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) has introduced its Third Network Professional Certification Framework, which comprises a family of certifications to cover the concepts and skills needed to build automated, virtualized and interconnected networks powered by LSO (Lifecycle Services Orchestration), SDN, NFV and Carrier Ethernet 2.0.
"MEF is building upon our experience with the world's most popular vendor-neutral professional certification - MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP) - that is achieving a major milestone this month," said MEF President Nan Chen. "We are reaching 5,000+ certified professionals employed by 440 companies in 83 countries. Building on this solid track record, we aim to create the industry's most coveted professional credentials for networking professionals."
The Third Network Professional Certification Framework includes the following certifications:
- MEF Third Network Foundations (MEF-TNF) - available 3Q 2017: Third Network Foundations certification validates individuals' concept-level understanding of key Third Network terms, processes, and elements. Knowledge and practice domains include SDN, NFV, connectivity services/CE, LSO/orchestration, and relevant use cases.
- MEF Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional (MEF-CECP): MEF-CECP certification recognizes individuals who demonstrate expertise and excellence in technological knowledge and understanding of Carrier Ethernet service specifications and definitions. The certification exam will be periodically updated to ensure individuals have the most current expertise.
- SDN/NFV Certified Professional - coming in 2018: MEF will work with subject matter experts to design and deploy an ISO-accredited professional certification to validate knowledge, skills and abilities in both SDN and NFV.
- LSO Certified Professional - coming in 2018: LSO certification will cover major orchestration platforms from a practitioner's point of view. It's intended to validate professional knowledge of emerging LSO API standards for orchestrating services across multiple service providers and multiple technology domains.
- Additional Professional Level Certifications - future offerings: MEF envisions launching additional professional certifications in advanced network security, SD-WAN, network design and architecture, and other topics during the next several years.
- Expert Level: MEF anticipates recognizing Expert Level professionals who achieve multiple Professional Level certifications, including combinations with vendor-specific mastery certifications.