You.i Upgrades Video App Engine
You.i TV announced a new version of its You.i Engine One video app platform that includes remote asset management and other features ...
You.i TV announced a new version of its You.i Engine One video app platform that includes remote asset management and other features intended to improve monetization opportunities for service providers. It's designed to improve app developers' control by decoupling an app's visual assets from its app code.
Release 4.6 is designed to increase the ability of developers and designers to build and personalize video interfaces across platforms, and to enable greater opportunities for branded content. A new feature, Remote Assets, is intended to allow developers to configure applications to retrieve all user experience (UX) elements dynamically from a server, including layout, styling and motion. Designers can export screen updates through the You.i Engine One After Effects Workflow and deploy changes to market without recertification.
Source code for cross-platform app accelerators, containing pre-built user flows and UX templates to support SVOD, AVOD and TVE business models are also available. Other features include:
- Improved flexibility for native platform and web user interface (UI) integrations on mobile devices. Developers can now use native platform UI controls within You.i Engine One interfaces and apply decorations to augment embedded webviews.
- The most commonly used user interface components have been improved to give application designers and developers greater flexibility and control over app elements, including animations, focus and data modelling.
- A redesigned cross-platform build system is intended to simplify the management and inclusion of dependencies, and to provide developers with additional flexibility to automate application pipelines and introduce more testing.
- Improved custom debugging tools for rendering performance, focus and layout.
- C++ 11 compatible libraries for greater flexibility around the kinds of technologies to include in the application, and greater design options.
"The product enhancements announced today are a direct result of intense collaboration with our customers around a shared vision of the video landscape," said Jason Flick, CEO and co-founder of You.i TV. "We're thrilled to help lay the groundwork for both app experience and business model innovation at pace."
You.i TV will demonstrate version 4.6 at CES 2018 Jan. 9-12 in Las Vegas.