In-Stat's report "Worldwide IP Set-Top Boxes: Moving Beyond the Telco" indicates the following:
* The IP set top box market will grow 24% in 2010.
* Motorola remained the market share leader in 2009 with 27%.
* There is some vendor consolidation taking place, with ADB buying Pirelli in 2010.
* Excluding the Middle East/Africa and Latin America regions, which are growing from a small base, the North American market will see the strongest growth over the forecast period.
* In-Stat expects slower price erosion on the set-top box silicon since many SoCs have already eliminated other discrete ICs.
For an overview of the report, go to http://www.instat.com/catalog/mmcatalogue.asp?id=162#IN1004679ME.