Cable & Wireless Communications, a service provider in the Caribbean and Latin America, has selected UXP Systems' MINT Digital Experience Engine to create "digital identity" for subscribers to Flow, CWC's retail brand across the Caribbean.
"In today's changing world, managing the full digital user lifecycle is part of our Company's strategy to expand our portfolio of services and be the leader in revolutionizing customer experiences across the Caribbean," said Carlo Alloni, CWC's EVP technology and group CTIO. "By partnering with UXP Systems, we are further empowering our Flow customers by delivering, managing and simplifying a unified and personalized digital experience across all their services. We are very excited to be implementing a seamless single set of digital user processes that will power our transformation across voice, video and cloud services."
UXP Systems' Digital Experience Engine is designed to:
- Enable "user journeys" via User Lifecycle Management (ULM)
- Federate disparate usernames and credentials into one single digital ID, allowing one ID to access CWC self-care, apps, and third party services
- Support flexible role management for household members and the delegation of access to services by entitled members to other digital users
- Map users to mobile devices for device-based login
- Provide integration to third-party OTT, connected life and cloud services via an identity-driven Service Gateway
- Capture interaction data from any service or screen at the digital user level