To recognize excellence in the cable industry and celebrate the accomplishments and contributions of its members, the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE), a subsidiary of CableLabs, today announced its call for nominations for industry honors in eight categories that will be presented in person at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2023 (Oct. 16-19) this fall in Denver, Colorado.
As directly stated in a press release, SCTE is now accepting nominations to recognize distinguished individuals in the following eight categories:
- Excellence in Learning & Development Award - Recognizes the achievements of learning and development professionals within the cable telecommunications community.
- Excellence in Standards Award - Honors a SCTE Standards program participant who has significantly contributed to both the technical standards program and the spirit of co-operation necessary for the success of voluntary standards.
- International Engineering Professional Award - Highlights outstanding technical achieve-ments made by an engineering professional living outside of the United States.
- Member of the Year Award - Recognizes the member who has made the most significant contributions to the Society during the past year.
- Wilt J. Hildenbrand Jr. Award - Recognizes an industry star who is 40-years-old or younger and making significant contributions in the cable industry.
- Hall of Fame - Permanently recognizes active SCTE members who have made extraordinary contributions to the Society and industry.
- Senior Member - Honors members who have demonstrated technical competence, par-ticipated in the Society and industry affairs, attained a degree of seniority and maintained a high level of professionalism.
- Women in Technology Award - Made possible through a joint effort of The WICT Network, SCTE and Cablefax, the annual Women in Technology Award acknowledges the achievements of one woman who has contributed to the advancement of technology in the cable and media industry and demonstrated outstanding personal and professional growth.
Additional details and online nomination forms for each award are linked in the italics above.
The nomination deadline for all eight awards is July 1, 2023.
40th anniversary celebration
This year, to celebrate SCTE's milestone in enabling four decades of connections, collaboration and innovation at Expo, the awards will be presented on Wednesday evening, October 18, starting at 6:00 pm MT at the SCTE Awards and 40th Anniversary of Expo Celebration events.
Chaired by Tom M. Rutledge, executive chairman of Charter Communications, and Tony Staffieri, CEO of Rogers Communications, this year's event, with its theme of"EXPOnential," will assemble industry leaders from around the globe and showcase the most compelling technologies that are building the future of cable telecommunications.
Robin Fenton, SCTE's vice president of membership and learning operations, commented:
"Every year we look forward to recognizing remarkable individuals who are providing technical leadership and innovation to advance our industry’s connectivity, but this year the spotlight will shine even brighter as we celebrate 40 years of Expo and the excellent work that is being done throughout the cable telecommunications industry.”
More from SCTE: