Broadband Technology Report will again host a technology panel at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 Virtual Experience. The panel, with the theme “DOCSIS on the Road to 4.0,” will take place October 12, 2020, at 2 PM Eastern. As an official component of the conference program, it will be accessible to registered SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2020 Virtual Experience attendees via the conference platform. Registration for the Virtual Experience is available on the event website.
Sponsored by ATX Networks and Technetix, the hour-long panel continues the tradition of BTR’s Tech Breakfast with a focus on the current state and future direction of DOCSIS technology. The panel will feature experts from a variety of disciplines who will offer a wide range of viewpoints. The panelists will include:
- Jan Ariesen, CTO, Technetix
- Ben Kley, president and general manager, StratusIQ – Fiber Internet. StratusIQ is a network operator and NCTC member whose company operates both DOCSIS and fiber to the premises infrastructure.
- Curtis Knittle, Vice President, Wired Technologies, CableLabs
- Jay Lee, Chief Technology & Strategy Officer, Broadband Access, ATX Networks
- Dean Stoneback, Senior Director, Engineering & Standards, SCTE·ISBE
Stephen Hardy, editorial director of BTR, will serve as panel moderator. “We’re very excited to host such knowledgeable panelists who can provide varied perspectives on where DOCSIS is now and where it’s heading in the future,” Hardy said. “We’ll be able to discuss current and future DOCSIS network technology options and how operators view them, as well as the challenges operators are facing as they make their technology decisions.”
Audience members will be able to ask questions of the panelists to create a lively, interactive, and informative experience. Registration for the panel is complementary with registration for SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.