SCTE/ISBE Cable-Tec Expo 2019 in New Orleans from Sept. 30 through Oct. 3 will feature an increased number of Spanish-language sessions and an international breakfast with speakers from around the world.
Expo 2019 will include three Spanish language sessions presented by TVC, including:
- "How to monetize OTT in the Latin American market?" - Addressing how operators can achieve greater margins with OTT streaming and implications on network bandwidth. Gaston Molina, product manager for Telecom Argentina, and Vincencio Maya, service assurance director for Millicom. (Oct. 1, 2:15 p.m.)
- "Should we grow into DOCSIS 3.1, FTTx or both?" - A discussion of FTTx and DOCSIS 3.1, including applications to brownfield/greenfield areas and comparative returns on investment. (Oct. 2, 9 a.m.)
- "Internet Traffic Management Intelligence - A must for Operators" - Exploring management of IP traffic, including the future of traffic/capacity, as well as traffic management intelligence considerations. Felipe Bonilla, electrical engineer, TVC. (Oct. 2, 10:15 a.m.)
On Oct. 3 at 7:30 a.m., the ISBE/ANGA International Breakfast presented by CommScope will feature "Lessons from Leaders: The Best Network Evolution Strategies to 10G." The panel will explore where to enter the upgrade cycle, the six market trends you can't ignore, the smartest approaches for transforming your network, and 10G's role as the gateway to gigabit smart cities. Speakers include:
- Bill Warga, vice president, Technology, for Liberty Global
- Andrew Baxter, general manager, HFC Engineering, for Australia's nbn
- Carsten Engelke, technical director, ANGA
- Chris Bastian, senior vice president and CTO for the SCTE/ISBE
- Steve McCaffery, CommScope senior vice president, International Service Provider Sales (moderator)
Additional speakers for sessions and the breakfast panel will be announced in the future.
In addition, the SCTE/ISBE International Cable-Tec Games will be conducted on Oct. 2 from 8:15-11:15 a.m.