DEV Systemtechnik tests DOCSIS 3.1 node interoperability
DEV Systemtechnik, supported by its partner SUMAVISION, tested the company's DEV 6871 distributed CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 outdoor node with a range of DOCSIS ...
DEV Systemtechnik, supported by its partner SUMAVISION, tested the company's DEV 6871 distributed CCAP DOCSIS 3.1 outdoor node with a range of DOCSIS 3.1 modems in an interoperability test session hosted by EXCENTIS in Ghent, Belgium.
DEV says it could confirm gigabit traffic within very short set up times with all modem vendors independent from modem vendors' chipset platform.
Tested features included:
- Different MDD controlled upstream/downstream frequency splits
- General connectivity (ranging, probing) and interoperability with all present modem types
- Different modulation profiles
- Different OFDM settings (FFT, cyclic prefix, windowing)
- Mixed upstream/downstream channel scenarios (SC-QAM, OFDM, OFDMA)
- Gigabit speed load traffic
DEV Systemtechnik, part of the AXING Group, develops and manufactures a range of products and systems for optical and electrical transmission of radio frequency (RF) and broadband signals via coaxial cable or fiber.