Shaw Biz Debuts Cisco Security for SMBs
Shaw Communications (TSX:SJR.B) has launched its managed network security service, SmartSecurity, a cloud-based solution designed ...
Shaw Communications (TSX:SJR.B) has launched its managed network security service, SmartSecurity, a cloud-based solution designed specifically for the small and medium business (SMB) market. It's powered by Cisco (NASDAQ:CSCO) Meraki.
"Network security is important to businesses of all sizes; however, with more advanced online attacks on the rise, SMBs are looking for more sophisticated security solutions at a price they can afford," said Ron McKenzie, senior vice president, Shaw Business. "SmartSecurity provides the vital security resources and technical expertise needed to give customers peace of mind as they focus on growing their business."
SmartSecurity features include:
- Business-grade firewall: Perimeter security to permit or deny network traffic
- Advanced threat protection: Track and prevent the latest threats with automatic virus updates
- Content control: Permit or deny access to specific types of web content across a variety of categories, including gambling and gaming sites
- Application control: Set custom network policies for employees and guests by controlling application-based traffic across the network
- Safeguard remote workers: Remote employees can connect to the office over a secured connection
- Secure multiple locations: Connect offices through a secure network connection